27 Jan 2013
Using a 3rd Party DNS Service with MidPhase
These are the steps to setup a 3rd party DNS service for use with your MidPhase Shared Server account.
Do the following steps on your MidPhase account:
- Login to the cpanel for your account: http:///cpanel
- Along the left hand column, write down the IP address next to the Dedicated IP Address
- In the main section of the cPanel, select the Addon Domains icon under the Domains section.
- In the New Domain Name field, enter the domain name that you are working with and press the tab key.
- Set the Document Root to the directory that will host the website for this domain
Enter a password and select Add Domain
At your DNS service provider:
- Find the page to setup the A record for your domain name and enter the dedicated IP address you noted from the MidPhase cPanel.
- Find the page for your Mail Exchange / MX Record and enter spamalizer.midphase.com and 0 (zero) for the priority field.
- Save the changes